Administration framework of skolelinux

Hi,

I'm from Taiwan.  We have a project named "ezgo" which is similar to Skolelinux.  Here is the introduction of "ezgo":

http://dot.kde.org/2013/10/02/ezgo-free-and-open-source-software-taiwans-schools

Recently I'm researching Skolelinux for how you administrate computers at school remotely and hope to apply those useful schemes in ezgo too.

I've read the home page of skolelinux and documentations of Debian Edu (https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy).  However I still don't quite understand the administration framework.  So here I have some questions for use of Skolelinux in schools:

1.  At page http://www.skolelinux.org/product you mentioned "Thin Client Solution".  Is it how you deploy Skolelinux in schools?  I mean, did all schools use thin client solution, or mostly use standalone system?  If for the latter, how did you deploy the Skolelinux to all the machines at a school?

2.  At page https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/Administration you mentioned that GOsa2 is used to create and manage many user accounts with LDAP.  I'm not familiar with LDAP and hope to know how you use that to manage user accounts.  Is it related to how you deploy the system?  I mean, did you just use a centralized server to control everything, and all other machines just use thin client?  If not, how did you use LDAP to control all user accounts on all machines?

3. So can I say that you use GOsa2 to remotely administrate the user accounts.  How about other maintenance tasks?  SSH + etckeeper?  Any other tricks for remote maintenance?

Thanks for your reply.

Franklin