Re: chmsee and education-desktop-lxde

Hi Adam,

On Sonntag, 29. September 2013, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> We're considering removing chmsee from stable due to its
> non-compatibility with newer iceweasel versions; see #723116.

right. http://code.google.com/p/chmsee/ also suggests this, quote:

== Stop maintain ==

ChmSee is not being developed anymore.
I haven't read CHM documents more than a year, new and update IT books are
pdfs or epubs, so it's right time to end this chm viewer.

== News ==

2013-08-25: Stop maintain.
2013-06-28: Release ChmSee 2.0.2 to compatible with xulrunner 22.
2013-04-22: Release ChmSee 2.0.1 to compatible with xulrunner 20.
2013-01-18: Release ChmSee 2.0.

End of quote from there...

> chmsee only has one reverse-dependency in the archive -
> education-desktop-lxde, which recommends it. Given the nature of the
> software, I'm not really sure why that recommendation is in place, and I
> couldn't find any hints in the changelog.

I've just dropped the chmsee recommends from the debian-edu source package, so
this will go away in the future. I'll send another mail about debian-edu
updates for wheezy 7.2 either later today or tomorrow (or worst case,
thursday), but I dont think removing chmsee from wheezy will cause Debian Edu
any harm, as we just recommend it.

So please go ahead! :-) (And thanks for informing us.)

> Would anyone be able to enlighten me or provide further information?

Just in case I've cc:ed Andrew Lee on this, as he is a/the LXDE person in
Debian and Debian Edu.

cheers,
	Holger