Re: update/status of timeline for releasing Debian Edu Wheezy

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 02:01:33PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to give everybody an update where we stand:
>
> On Montag, 16. September 2013, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > If major  bugs are found due to tests of beta2 we quite likely will need to
> > cancel this timeline, fix the bug and do a new timeline. I hope we wont
> > need that....
>
> so far no new bugs have been found, please keep testing the beta2 images!
>
> > Timeline, starting now:
> >
> > now: update the wiki to reflect a release on Sat, 2013-09-21
> > once thats done: call for translation updates for d-e-doc til wednesday UTC
> > evening
> > tuesday: upload d-e-install with updated version string for the release
> > tuesday: start drafting the release announcement
> > wednesday: work on the release announcement
>
> this has happened, though the release announcement is not done yet.
>
> Giorgio, can we use this as quote for the announcement:
>
> Giorgio Pioda, who is using Debian Edu in schools in Italy (where exactly? in
> what function) says: "I can report that I'm on production with Debian Edu
> Wheezy since mid august and it works rock solid, we are using it every day."

Yes,

actually we are in Switzerland (Cantone Ticino, italian speaking part).
The school is the SPSE (Scuola per Sportivi di Elite), public,
and is located in Tenero inside the so called CST (Centro Sportivo di Tenero), which is a
national sport center.

More informations in our website

www.spse.ch

Regards