Re: Password hashes in Debian Edu (and migrating from pre-Squeeze installations)

Hi Moritz,

On Do 22 Aug 2013 10:14:36 CEST Moritz Molle wrote:

I see the problem just in having redundant data in many databases
scattered around the system. i don't really get, why this is better than
not using kerberos at all and authenticating like in skole5/lenny
against the ldap.

The reason for setting up Kerberos is: for Debian jessie we plan NFSv4+Krb5. At the moment, unwanted NFS access to the Debian Edu network is still way to easy.

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby