italc 2.0.1-1 available in unstable and via unofficial wheezy-backports archive

Hi all,

during the last 2 days I have intensively worked on getting iTALC ready for installation on Debian Edu wheezy systems. italc 1:2.0.1-1 has just been uploaded to Debian unstable and is currently being built.

The efforts taken:

  o package latest upstream release (2.0.1)
  o close all open bugs
  o fix FTBFS on non-x86(_64) hardware
  o make italc-client package configurable through debconf templates
  o thus, make italc-client package preseedable for d-i automated installation

There is a Debian Edu specific README.setup document in /usr/share/doc/italc-client/ that gives more (still very theoretical) information on how to set up iTALC (in vanilla Debian and on Debian Edu sites).

The package source can be obtained from unstable [1] or from Git [2], the package builds well from source on Debian wheezy systems.

For your convenience, I have uploaded a version backported for wheezy to [3].

Greets,
Mike

[1] ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/italc/
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-edu/italc.git;a=summary
[3] deb http://packages.it-zukunft-schule.de/debian wheezy-backports main

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM