Re: How to add windows workstation in Wheezy?

[Arne Sørli]
> I have a fresh install of  Debian Edu 7.1+edu0~b0. I have added some
> users and everything seems to work fine.

Glad to hear it. :)

> But I need to add some Windows workstations (Windows XP) to the
> domain, and reading the documentation I'm not quite sure how to do
> it. I gave it a try, but I only get error messages when I try to
> join the domain.

I hope one of our resident Windows/Samba experts can help, as I have
no idea about that part myself.

>   3. sudo smbpasswd -e Administrator , according to
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/Samba
>
>   4. Verified that windows hostname of PC is static21, same as
> registered in Gosa. Also verified that the PC get the correct
> IP-address after booting (10.0.2.121) and that I can browse \\TJENER
> in explorer.
>
>   5. At step 5 in chapter 1.2.2 Joining the SKOLELINUX Domain with
> Windows XP (from link above): When I enter SKOLELINUX\Administrator
> as username and root password I get the error message: "The user
> name could not be found". I have also tried with lowercase
> administrator, first login user and root user. None of them works.

Isn't step 3 joining the domain?  what is step 5 doing?

Did you try "SKOLELINUX\first-user"?  Is there anything useful in the
samba log when you try?

--
Happy hacking