Re: [debian-edu-commits] r81298 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu-config: debian ldap-tools

On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 01:48:56PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > Log:
> > * ldap-tools/sitesummary2ldapdhcp:
> >   - Fix configuration for 'netdevices'.
> >   - Modify help message to fit the code after last cleanup.
>
> I believe this change causes sitesummary2ldapdhcp to no longer recognize
> its own entries, and that the freshly created netdevices hosts no longer
> have DHCP enabled.  The objects without the dhcpHost objectclass are not
> used by dhcp, and make it mandatory to visit the gosa web gui to enable
> dhcp for new hosts.
>
> That seem like a bad idea.  What was the reason for this change?

Reason was that they didn't show up at all in the gui. (And I thought
this had been my fault.)

So I guess, configuring the netdevices attributes like this might solve
the problems. (Can't test it atm.)

$attr = [
    'objectClass'    => ['top', 'device', 'ipHost', 'ieee802Device', dhcpHost],
    'cn'             => $hostname,
    'macAddress'     => $mac,
    'ipHostNumber'   => $ipaddr,
    'dhcpHWAddress'  => "ethernet $mac",
    'dhcpStatements' => "fixed-address $fqdn"
     ];

Wolfgang