Re: Suggestions for student projects?

[Arnt Ove Gregersen]
> Hi all,
>
> I am going to commit some proposals for student projects this week to
> the univerisity where I work.

Are there any teacher students?  Perhaps they can evaluate the
educational user application and see what work and do not work to teach
pupils, ref <URL: http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Educational_applications_included_in_Debian_Edu___Skolelinux__the_screenshot_collection____.html >.

> Does anyone have suggestions for what type of work/project we would
> like the students to do for us ?

Not quite sure what more to suggest.  Depend on the skill level
available. :)  Some ideas:

 - Fix a desktop=sugar option for the installer.

 - rewrite our tasksel setup to make it possible to install a simple
   desktop without the educational software - ie Debian Edu Office
   edition.

 - Check out

Btw, on
there is this section that I belive is vital to make sure student work
isn't lost:

 The student groups themselves are responsible of updating this
 information, including updating sub-pages with more detailed
 information on their project. The web pages are updated via SVN.

  Each student group shall create a subdirectory (with a name on the
  form YYYY-topic) where all project documentation etc. shall be
  put. This is to ensure that the information is not lost from the
  Skolelinux project when the student project is terminated.

--
Happy hacking