Re: Suggestions for student projects?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Suggestions for student projects?
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 21:44:37 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <CADeRETLoxQvBhT=7606vTkN5LndUjNODDre0u-Z0qScUbORS=Q@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CADeRETLoxQvBhT=7606vTkN5LndUjNODDre0u-Z0qScUbORS=Q@mail.gmail.com>
[Arnt Ove Gregersen]
> Hi all,
> I am going to commit some proposals for student projects this week to
> the univerisity where I work.
Are there any teacher students? Perhaps they can evaluate the
educational user application and see what work and do not work to teach
pupils, ref <URL: http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Educational_applications_included_in_Debian_Edu___Skolelinux__the_screenshot_collection____.html >.
> Does anyone have suggestions for what type of work/project we would
> like the students to do for us ?
Not quite sure what more to suggest. Depend on the skill level
available. :) Some ideas:
- Fix a desktop=sugar option for the installer.
- rewrite our tasksel setup to make it possible to install a simple
desktop without the educational software - ie Debian Edu Office
- Check out
<URL: http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Debian_Edu___some_ideas_for_the_future_versions.html >
<URL: http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/index.html >,
there is this section that I belive is vital to make sure student work
The student groups themselves are responsible of updating this
information, including updating sub-pages with more detailed
information on their project. The web pages are updated via SVN.
Each student group shall create a subdirectory (with a name on the
form YYYY-topic) where all project documentation etc. shall be
put. This is to ensure that the information is not lost from the
Skolelinux project when the student project is terminated.