Re: Eduroaming

Hi Giorgio,

On Di 28 Mai 2013 12:28:10 CEST Giorgio Pioda wrote:

Hi Mike

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:05:34AM +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
Hi Giorgio,

On Di 28 Mai 2013 10:19:17 CEST Giorgio Pioda wrote:

>PS: Soon I'll put precompiled packages in
>http://dati.spse.ch/~gfwp/eduroaming

Wouldn't it make sense to upload your package to Debian unstable
(and have it synced to Ubuntu via that way) und provide backported
Ubuntu packages through a Launchpad PPA?

Greets,
Mike

no idea how wide is the use of the eduroaming package
(probably very limited). Actually, this is a question
for a DD, isn't it?

As Mike is a DD, that is why he is asking...

So, if you feel that packaging educlient/eduroaming for Debian unstable makes sense, then we should go for it.

Making sense means:

  -> educlient/eduroaming can hook Debian unstable systems into a Debian Edu
     wheezy network

If that is true, then we should proceed with the following steps:

  1. Move educlient/eduroaming development to Git
     -> git.debian.org:/git/debian-edu/upstream/educlient.git
     -> git.debian.org:/git/debian-edu/upstream/eduroaming.git

  2. Provide educlient/eduroaming upstream releases via Git tags

        0.2.1, 0.2.2, ...

  3. Create packaging Gits for those two projects:
     -> git.debian.org:/git/debian-edu/upstream/educlient.git
     -> git.debian.org:/git/debian-edu/upstream/eduroaming.git

  4. Build Debian packages from those packaging Gits

        0.2.1-1, 0.2.2-1, 0.2.2-2, ...

A migration to Git is recommended here as the whole D-E development will slowly migrate to Git based development.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM