Re: How to convert a Debian installation to a Debian Edu installation

[Holger Levsen]
> or debian-edu-bless ?

Yeah, seem like a nice enough name. :)

> which profile are you testing? for jenkins.d.n it might bei
> interesting to setup the reference main-server. or ltsp-server. hmm.

I started by testing Workstation, but since I have tested Minimal and
Main-Server.  Both work now.  I guess Thin-Client-Server will work
too.

I've tested in a chroot, using this script:

  #!/bin/sh
  set -e
  set -x

  debootstrap wheezy chroot-test http://http.debian.net/debian

  printf '#!/bin/sh\nexit 101\n' > chroot-test/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d
  chmod a+rx chroot-test/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d

  cp /tmp/debian-edu-bless chroot-test/root/debian-edu-bless

  mount -t proc proc chroot-test/proc

  chroot chroot-test root/debian-edu-bless

Fixed a few minor issues, but now the script seem to be fairly robust.

--
Happy hacking