Re: How to convert a Debian installation to a Debian Edu installation

[Holger Levsen]
> Hi,

Hi. :)

> On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/bless-debian.  Not yet
>> included in the binary package.
>
> how about tools/convert-debian2debian-edu ?

A bit long, bud definitely better and easier to understand.

My draft name is based on perl, which uses 'bless' to assign object
class to variables.  I guess it should have been bless-debian-edu. :)

Any better suggestions than convert-debian2debian-edu and
bless-debian(-edu)?  If not, I'll rename to Holgers idea and make the
script part of the package.

Btw, I discovered that my initial recipe was based on a
misunderstanding on how tasksel tests decide the Debian Edu profile.
I thought it used /etc/debian-edu/config like cfengine, but it is
using debconf values instead.  The consequence was that tasks had to
be selected manually in tasksel.  The svn script contain a fix for
this.  I'm testing the script in a chroot as we speek, and it seem to
work fine.

--
Happy hacking