Re: Reduce the server load by asking firefox to not cache on disk

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Why did you use a preinst instead of a postinst?  Adding the divert
> before the package is configured seem wrong to me.

Still wonder about this one.

I suspect it would be better to provide a
/usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel-edu-wrapper script in the package, and do
the diverting in the postinst instead of the preinst.

> But it need some adjustment to work properly with Debian Edu.  For
> example we use libpam-tmpdir, so it need to use $TMPDIR instead of
> hardcoding /tmp/.

I've adjusted the package in svn, to a point where I believe it could
go into Debian and Debian Edu.  But the name firefox-tuning is a bit
misleading.  It is tuning iceweasel, not firefox, and tuning is a but
generic.  What about debian-edu-iceweasel-local-io or something like
that instad?

I guess we could move the rest of the iceweasel tuning into the
package, and make debian-edu-iceweasel-tuning a more fitting name. :)

--
Happy hacking