Re: Reduce the server load by asking firefox to not cache on disk

[Klaus Knopper]
> Now that you mention it... The package contains a single shell
> script, "source included", however, in case you really want to
> rebuild the .deb, I uploaded the source to the same directory.

Great.  I imported it into our svn to make it easier to continue
development.  Available as
Why did you use a preinst instead of a postinst?  Adding the divert
before the package is configured seem wrong to me.

> Our package moves /usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel to
> /usr/bin/iceweasel/iceweasel.real and replaces the original script
> by an additional wrapper script. Which is "not the right way", as
> one Debian maintainer noted, but it happened to make things a lot
> easier for support in our project.

Well, it do not seem to wrong either. :)

But it need some adjustment to work properly with Debian Edu.  For
example we use libpam-tmpdir, so it need to use $TMPDIR instead of
hardcoding /tmp/.

--
Happy hacking