Re: Install bug/message

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 07:26:11AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > As far as I could find out, direct:// is set by libproxy-tools. The
> > package seems to be poorly documented. Had a look at the source code,
> > but wasn't able to figure out anything.
>
> What is the output of 'host wpad' and 'GET http://wpad/wpad.dat' on
> the host in question?  I suspect it isn't what I expect. :)

DNS is working:

root@tjener:~# host wpad
wpad.intern is an alias for tjener.intern.
tjener.intern has address 10.0.2.2
root@tjener:~#

GET fails:

root@tjener:~# GET http://wpad/wpad.dat
501 Protocol scheme 'direct' is not supported
root@tjener:~#

This is the reason:

root@tjener:~# env|grep proxy
http_proxy=direct://
ftp_proxy=direct://
https_proxy=direct://
root@tjener:~#

Unsetting http_proxy:

root@tjener:~# http_proxy= GET http://wpad/wpad.dat
function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
        if (!isResolvable(host) ||
            isPlainHostName(host) ||
            dnsDomainIs(host, ".intern"))
            return "DIRECT";
        else
            return "PROXY webcache:3128; DIRECT";
    }

> Are you using the default network setup in Debian Edu?

Yes.

Wolfgang