Re: Install bug/message

[Wolfgang Schweer]
>>> executing http_proxy='' /usr/lib/debian-edu-config/testsuite/webcache
>>> shows successfully the wanted informations.
>>
>> For some reason, http_proxy, https_proxy and ftp_proxy are all set to
>> 'direct://' (on tjener; for root and ordinary user) which is supposed to
>> fail. No idea where this comes from.
>
> It's in /etc/environment, but dpkg -S /etc/environment gives no hint.

/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/wpad-proxy-update calls
/usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-proxy-from-wpad which in
turn call /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/wpad-extract to update
the proxy settings.  The interesting question is why
http://wpad/wpad.dat is not providing the wanted proxy setup, and why
direct:// is used instead of clearing the variables.  It will also set
the proxy values in /etc/apt/apt.conf.  I guess it should be changed
to create and remove a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ instead.

--
Happy hacking