Re: Two questions about cfengine3 and gnome

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 08:19:17AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > 1) Is it possible to run Debian Edu with plain Gnome shell taste?
> > (Users are hard to re-educate). If yes, how?
>
> If "Gnome shell taste" is Gnome, you should be able to install the
> Gnome variant using DESKTOP=gnome as a install boot option.  No idea
> if it work, as it is not as tested as the KDE option so far.

Yes, it should work. I ended up with gnome shell when installing with
desktop=lxde and the whole gnome stuff was pulled in due to a (now
hopefully fixed) issue.
(BTW: imo it should be desktop, not DESKTOP on the kernel command line.)

The usual fallback mode will take effect if the monitor/graphics combo
isn't supported.

Wolfgang