Re: [debian-edu-commits] r79494 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu: debian tasks

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 08:06:36PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >    branches/wheezy/debian-edu/tasks/thin-client
> > Log:
> > Add dnsutils and iputils-ping to thin-client depends, as dig and ping
> > are required for init-ltsp to work properly.
>
> What exactly is using ping and dig?  Perhaps the packages should be
> installed by the ltsp hooks or the ltsp package itself instead of adding
> it to the thin-client task?  This seem like the wrong place to add
> required packages for init-ltsp to work.

Sorry for the log entry not being precise enough.  Actually ping is used
in the script get-ldap-ltsp-config, which is basicly the former script
debian-edu-config-ldap located in ltsp/ltsp_config.d, while dig is used
in the script 10-resolv-conf (iirc).  Both scripts are used within the
init-ltsp process (when an ltsp client starts).  The script
get-ldap-ltsp-config has to be located outside of ltsp_config.d cause it
would otherwise be executed at the wrong time.

Maybe dnsutils should be added to ltsp-client-core recommends.
Should I file a bug report against that package?

Wolfgang