Re: FSF Europe: "Skolelinux pilot in Rhineland Palatinate – Lessons learned"

Quoting Klaus Knopper (2012-11-28 23:46:41)
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:21:16PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Via Twitter I just came across a blog post from FSF Europe, about a
> > presentation held by Kurt about the Skolelinux deployment in
> > Rhineland Palatinate.  Check out <URL:
> > http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido/2012/11/skolelinux-pilot-in-rhineland-palatinate-lessons-learned/
> > >.

Thanks for sharing, Petter!

> What I miss in the presentations about "lessons learned" is:
>
> 1. _Which_ lessons have been _learned_? And by whom? (It's not very
>    useful to discuss whether or not any politicians are "guilty", is
>    it?)
> 2. What's Kurt's role in this? Afaik, he was involved as advisor for
>    the ministery. I was curious to know whether he thinks his advices
>    were ignored, or misunderstood in some way, but can't find this in
>    the presentation. And, how can this be improved in possible future
>    GNU/Linux projects under the hood of the ministery?

Those are good questions.  But seems more about placing responsibility.

> Having been involved in the project on the software development side,
> I already sent a few reports and questions about cooperation to this
> list during the project.

My impression from that blog entry was - as the title hints - the focus
on learning: discoveries of dynamics in such a project, which are likely
to appear in other similar projects as well, no matter who has which
roles in it.  I look forward to watch the video when ready.

In addition to raising questions, I would dearly appreciate to hear
about your lessons learned, Klaus.

...which obviously bounces back on myself.  I should also try share my
reflections from that adventure of ours :-)

Regards,

 - Jonas