Re: Generation change in the ftpmaster team?

Hi Petter, hi all,

On So 25 Nov 2012 07:29:04 CET Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

The Debian Edu ftpmasters team superwise the APT repository and do
some sanity check of the packages before accepting them into our
ftp.skolelinux.org APT source.

The current Debian Edu ftpmasters team consist of the following group,
according to the ftp netgroup on ftp.skolelinux.org:

 * Morten Werner Forsbring
 * Holger Levsen
 * Martin Zobel-Helas
 * Ronny Aasen

[... snipped ...]

Are there any volunteers to help the FTP mastesr?  Perhaps the
existing FTP masters have some suggestions for recruits?

As already stated in IRC prior to your mail on the d-e ML, I am happy to help out with FTP master work.

However, Holger at that time (of the discussion on IRC which is a couple of weeks ago) did not sound too positive about me supporting the team at this point of time, so I personally reduced priority on this issue and took focus on other pieces of work. If that topic is back on the agenda, I'd be happy to raise my finger again.

Also: as being of the same age as Holger (and possibly others in the project) I think--in my case-- we cannot call it a generation change ;-).

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM