Re: Other graphic driver on WS

Hi

On Do 08 Nov 2012 15:20:59 CET George wrote:

Hi,

I wonder, are there any way to install support for "better" graphic cards on WS?

As
 an example; If I want to use an ASUS 210 Silent 1GB DD3. It works
automagically when starting up the ws, but the built in linux driver is
not using the extra resources on it.

What I want to to is
enabling the use of at least Openshot, but preferably even kdenlive (I
dont think it has more demands on hardware then openshot). Doing this on
 our WS now is impossible, due to flickering when running preflight view
 in the program. That is, if you record a movie with a Iphone,  or
videodevice, add it to openshot and then watch it from there it is not
running smoothly. I tried to run it from a local disk (to see if it was a
 network issue) on the ws, but it did not work better. It seems to be a
graphic issue.

If Nvidia is hard to support, what about ATI? Any suggestions?

You can pull in Xorg from squeeze-backports. That gives you OpenGL and other features on current hardware. Works for Intel based chipsets and Nvidia chipsets. We have not tested ATI boards, as we do not have machines deployed with that chipset...

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148