Re: Running skolelinux virtually in production?

Am 23.03.2012 11:48, schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
>> I'm curious, why do you have multiple Skolelinux server instances at one
>> location, if they're all running on the same physical server?
>
> Because the school wanted to have separate networks for the pupils and
> the administration, to reduce the chance of information to pass from the
> admin network to the pupils network.

This is one possible scenario. Another one would be:

Two schools share one building (we have such things in Germany), but
both want their own network. So you can use one hardware with multiple
network cards an two or more virtual servers, e.g. tjener and
terminalserver, for each school.

Viele Grüße / Kind Regards
Peter Mueller