Re: how to disable PXE booting in dhcp server

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:25:24PM +0100, Samuel Krempp wrote:
> I would like the workstations to boot automatically into the installed
> system, but as the dhcp server offers to boot on PXE (and the machines
> are configured to boot PXE first), they all get stuck on the PXE menu
> "boot local / install Debian-edu".

cp /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/default-menu.cfg to e.g.
/var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/my-default-menu.cfg

edit the last line of my-default-menu.cfg: replace 0 by 10 or such.

let /var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default point to your new file.

See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/HowTo/NetworkClients#Changing_the_PXE_menu_on_an_LTSP_server
for more information.

Wolfgang