Problems with sound on thin clients (Was: Unidentified subject!)

[George]
> Honestly, I have to take back down problem. It seems that its not
> running local apps that is the problem after all. I updated
> yesterday to 6.04 and now sound is very strange...

I do not really know anything about your problem, but can say
something about the sound setup.

We use pulseaudio as the "lowlevel" sound system, and redirect ALSA to
pulseaudio.  This is done using /etc/asound.conf and
/etc/desktop-profiles/debian-edu-config.listing.
--
Happy hacking