Re: Upgrading Squeeze to Debian-Education?

[Bengt Thuree]
> I could not figure out a way to install debian-education using the CD
> though, so I installed a normal vanilla Squeeze environment, and then ...
>
> apt-get install education-tasks
> tasksel
>     Debian Edu main server packages
>     Debian Edu networked thin client server packages
>
> ( next time I will try to apt-get install education-main-server
> education-thin-client-server).
>
> Would this work?

Most likely not.  There are several steps needed to install a working
main server, and they are hard to get right for non-experts.  Just
installing the packages is not enough.  You need to preseed, partition,
install packages, run cfengine setup, etc.  You can figure out all the
steps if you study the installation setup used by the CD. :)

> Is there any instructions for how to upgrade a plan Squeeze to an
> Debian-Education server?

Nope, and for the reason explained above.

I recommend using the install CD instead.

--
Happy hacking