Thin Client sessions freeze with certain applications

Dear list,

a German school is trying to upgrade to squeaze.
Years ago, it was Philipp who helped them out to
have their thin clients work.

There is a very detailed logging page in our Wiki,
in short, thin clients will freeze if users start
openoffice. This is not the case for direct sessions
from LTSP server.

My crystal ball hints to insufficient RAM / missing swap,
but of course, there might also be an issue with the
network cards/driver of the thin clients.

I am not deep familiar enough with current locations
of corresponding log files, for you it might be
a quick guess, however.

Please consult
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/HolderbergSchule
(mostly German) for more details.