Re: why does iceweasel run on login?

[Nigel Barker]
> I used a 1G stick, so it must have been CD?

Yes.  In that case, I guess d-i believe 486 is the best kernel for
your machine.  I have no idea how it decides.

>>> Why does iceweasel launch on login?
>>
>> It launch on first login (only) to present a welcome page to first
>> time the user.
>
> It launched on second login also. I logged out and in to check.

Please check /etc/xdg/autostart/welcome-webpage.desktop and
/usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/show-welcome-webpage, and try to
figure out why the latter script do not work as intended.
--
Happy hacking