Re: why does iceweasel run on login?

[Nigel Barker]
> Hello All,
> Thanks for all the hard work you have been putting in.
> I have done a little testing, not much I'm afraid.

Glad to hear from another tester. :)

> I have done a few attempts at standalone install on a p4 with 512M
> and on a dell mini9 with 1G, using the CD image on a usb stick.

The CD or the DVD ISO?  Your experience make me suspect you actually
used the DVD.

I hope you test the roaming workstation profile with a local main
server as well.  It is the new and nice laptop setup. :)

> Normal install, if I say NO to automatic partitioning, it happens anyway.

Wow.  Have not seen that myself.  Will try to reproduce, if you tell
me exactly what you answer to all the installation questions.

> Kernel is 486 on both machines, not 686.

This make me suspect you install from the DVD.  On the DVD, we cut
down on the amount of kernels included on the DVD, and had to go with
486 to get LTSP working with a lot of common thin client hardware.
With netinst, I believe a 686 kernel is selected if d-i believe the
hardware should have it.

> Why does iceweasel launch on login?

It launch on first login (only) to present a welcome page to first
time the user.
--
Happy hacking