Re: Problem with sitesummary2ldapdhcp

Hi Petter, hi Wolfgang,

On Fr 10 Feb 2012 22:20:57 CET Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Wolfgang Schweer]
Additionally I noticed that the hosts were put into LDAP as »servers«,
I'd expect »netdevices«.

Why?  I always create servers, also manually.  Because they are for
machines that in time can be managed by GOsa², while netdevices can
not be managed.

I rather recommend using a GOsa² object ,,server'' for real servers only, the GOsa² netdevice object, however, for everything else (i.e. skole desktops, diskless workstations, network printers, etc.).

There is a gosa-plugin-goto that provides extended workstation support in GOsa² but the squeeze version is not usable. We have to wait for wheezy (gosa-2.7.x) with that. gosa-plugin-goto also offers printers and FAI integration and many more features.

This workaround puts removeable objects into LDAP (like those
created manually using GOsa²); only drawback is that one more click
is needed in GOsa² (to enable DHCP).

I hope someone knowing GOsa² more can comment on the correct way to
create system objects for computers.  I created the same type of
objects that tjener already got, and assume it is the correct thing to
do for Linux hosts.

The GOsa² way of creating a netdevice (,,workstation-01'' in this case) looks like this:

<quote>
dn: cn=workstations-01,cn=10.0.0.0,cn=intern,cn=dhcp,cn=tjener,ou=servers,ou=systems,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
dhcpOption: host-name workstations-01
dhcpStatements: fixed-address 10.0.2.51
cn: workstations-01
objectClass: top
objectClass: dhcpHost
dhcpHWAddress: ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

180 relativeDomainName=workstations-01,zoneName=intern,cn=tjener,ou=servers,ou=systems,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: dNSZone
dNSClass: IN
zoneName: intern
relativeDomainName: workstations-01

181 relativeDomainName=workstations-01,relativeDomainName=workstations-01,zoneName=intern,cn=tjener,ou=servers,ou=systems,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: dNSZone
dNSClass: IN
zoneName: intern
relativeDomainName: workstations-01
aRecord: 10.0.2.51

182 relativeDomainName=51.2.0,relativeDomainName=workstations-01,zoneName=intern,cn=tjener,ou=servers,ou=systems,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: dNSZone
dNSClass: IN
zoneName: 10.in-addr.arpa.
relativeDomainName: 51.2.0
pTRRecord: workstations-01.intern.
</quote>

I assume netdevice is for routers and switches, not for Linux hosts.
If this is wrong, please tell me and we can easiliy change this.

Told herewith. It is not wrong but I would rather recommend the netdevice.

Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen

Best,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: