Re: Wrong gateway address in default squeeze setup (10.0.2.1 should be 10.0.0.1)

[Jürgen Leibner]
> I think, to change the gateway address would be ok and is the right
> move, but would suggest to announce it heavily, with a good description
> why we are doing it, where ever we can.

It would have to be listed as prominently as our description of the
new subnet configuration, yes. :)

> There are a lot of schools I know of, which are not able to or they
> are not allowed to configure the gateway. They have to ask a third
> party (goverment, it-service, ... ) to do this for them and maybe in
> some (most? I don't know) cases it will cost money.

They have to reconfigure their gateway anyway when moving from lenny
to squeeze, as the subnet mask change from lenny to squeeze.  With
DHCP handing out 10.0.0.0/8, at least some machines will be unable to
reach the internet unless the router is changed to use the same
netmask.  Gosa propose to use 10.0.0.1 on the first machine I added to
LDAP, and this machine would not work properly with an old router
setup. :)
--
Happy hacking