Re: Hay aquí alguien que hable español?

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 10:07 Igor Zubiaurre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hereby translating BasaBuru's concerns, as I cannot answer them
> without further investigation, for which I don't have the time, right
> now:
>
> He's been reading the documentation on debian-edu and as far as he
> understands, it's the server that processes and exports the
> X-Windows.
>
> He asks if there's a possibility for the server to just store que
> users' /home and let the pupils' computers be the ones to perform the
> processing.

The users homes are already stored on the server.

> He comments that currently the machines tend to be quite powerful,
> handling a wheezy without problems. Then mentions how most of them
> are 64 bit machines and highlights how a local spanish government is
> introducing core 2. Never the less he understands the global nature
> of the project and thus the need to focus on smaller i386 machines.

This is realised with the 'Diskless Workstation' profile, wich can be
used with a combined main server profile (default choosen setup on
install).

> Then he asks where to read more documentation on the issue. He has to
> set up a classroom and needs to locate the users' /home directories
> in the server, as it provides two advantages: allows them to log in
> at any terminal and backups get centralised.

The server has already an out of the box centralised backuup solution
running after install.

> He thanks in advance for any help, and adds that the computers he'll
> use will be brand new and that the classroom's location is Elizondo
> Baztan, Navarre.

The most recent documentation can be found here:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny

and here for the upcoming release:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze

or on an installed server under:
http://www/

> El 20 de julio de 2011 09:42, BasaBuru <basaburu@basatu.org> escribió:
> > On Miércoles, 20 de Julio de 2011 08:24:40 usted escribió:
> > Aupa
> >
> > > Sip. Yo pispo.   -\:-)
> >
> > Joder que suerte.
> >
> > He estado leyendo un poco la docu de debian-edu y por lo que
> > entiendo el server es el que procesa y exporta las X.
> >
> > Existe la opción de que el server solo almacene la /home de los
> > usuarios y sean los ordenadores de los alumnos los que procesen?.
> >
> > En la actualidad las máquinas son muy potentes. Pueden mover una
> > wheezy sin problemas. La mayoría son 64 bits.
> >
> > Ya sabes ande o no ande caballo grande. Por ejemplo gobierno vasco
> > y de navarra están metiendo core 2.
> >
> > Entiendo que el proyecto es planetario y que por lo tanto se debe
> > centrar en
> > maquinas "pequeñas" i386.
> >
> > Sabes donde puedo leer documentación sobre este tema. Tengo que
> > montar un aula
> > de formación. Y necesito meter las /home de los usuarios en el
> > server. Esto tiene dos ventajas una los usuarios se logean en
> > cualquier máquina del aula y
> > dos las copias de seguridad están centralizadas.
> >
> > Cualquier referencia que me puedas dar te lo agradecería. El aula
> > la montamos
> > con ordenadores nuevos en Elizondo Baztan Navarra.
> >
> > Muchas gracias por tu atención.
> >
> > Un saludo
> >
> > BasaBuru

Greetings