Re: NFS4 and Kerberos

Hi Andi,

On Sa 08 Jan 2011 01:22:35 CET "Andreas B. Mundt" wrote:

>Do you have access to a debian-edu setup? Maybe if you want to take a
>look, try a virtual setup with virt-manager + KVM (rsync the DVD image):
><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/TestCDinstall>
>You need about a 25GiB image for Tjener+LTSPserver.

Here is what I will do next:

1)

o I have a Debian server setup in the cloud for my ,,company'' with a working
    NFSv4+Kerberos server setup
  o I have installed a Debian SID in the cloud today that I will integrate as
    NFSv4 client with sec=krb5p
  o I will document all steps needed, this would be pure Debian then...

2)

  o I will install a squeeze TJENER and a squeeze Debian Edu client and I will
    take a look at the NFSv4+Kerberos setup in particular
  o I will test the already present NFSv4 and Kerberos stuff (not for all
    services, only for the core stuff: PAM, libnss, autofs, ...)
  o I will try to manually configure the steps needed for finishing what might
    be missing and document those.
  o I will also post aspects that I would approach differently

Concerning NFSv4+Krb5 I would like to focus on the basic service level for now and I will add test modifications to LDAP by hand. If the needed fixes and modifications or extensions and the workflow during installation starts cristalizing out I think then we should take a look at Gosa and maybe CipUX integration.

Does this make sense? Any other suggestions/recommendations/preferences?

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0x1943CA5B
mail: m.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: