Re: NFS4 and Kerberos

Hi Andi,

On Sa 08 Jan 2011 01:22:35 CET "Andreas B. Mundt" wrote:

Hi Mike,

I absolutely agree with you. Just don't know yet how to implement the
automatic creation/distribution of the principals/keytabs. That's why
I prefer a two steps approach, first implementing nfs4 with sec=sys
and if that works nicely with the automounter, then trying the next
step (sec=krb5X stuff). Perhaps it can be done in the same way as with
the users, a script called after adding the machines in GOsa ...

I have seen your commits to Debian Edu SVN and there is a big +1 from me on switching to NFSv4 with sec=sys for further testing.

For a flexible system having netgroups available (and configurable)
is always an advantage!!! So, if there is some work to be done, we
should try to include netgroups into the effort.

I tried to implement some "proof of principle" for GOsa a while ago:
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2010/04/msg00124.html>
(take a look at the picture :-)

Yes, read it...

I think, that if there is support from someone with PHP knowledge and
the project in general, something like that can be implemented in GOsa
upstream in the long run:
<URL:https://oss.gonicus.de/pipermail/gosa/2010-May/004547.html>

Read...

>Do you have access to a debian-edu setup? Maybe if you want to take a
>look, try a virtual setup with virt-manager + KVM (rsync the DVD image):
><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/TestCDinstall>
>You need about a 25GiB image for Tjener+LTSPserver.

My friend Andreas (www.logo-edv.de) in Kiel has provided me an 8
core, 16gb Virt-Server that hums (well, it really hums quite
hummingly) in my home. There currently is a Debian Edu (lenny) setup
installed on it and I also tried a Debian Edu (squeeze) which,
however, partially failed. I used one of the nightly built ISOs
which might not be appropriate, though. If there are any ISO
recommendations for squeeze, I'll be happy to use those for setting
up a Debian squeeze Skolelinux.

Oh sorry, I was not clear in this paragraph. This huge machine I _do_ use for KVM virtualization. I tried a nightly build from around X-mas 2010 and it failed with some error (which exactly, I have forgotten).

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0x1943CA5B
mail: m.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: