General question on Debian-Edu
the Debian-Edu talk tomorrow on debconf will overlap with the ZSH Skills-
Exchange session... :-(
So I read the documentation and throw out some questions here:
* Could the base of Debian-Edu also be usable by small companies? At my former
company for example we had Debian thin-clients for call support staff and even
for some junior developers/students.
* Which IMAP server is used?
* Could Debian-Edu be made replicated with automated fail-over of services?
Use case: The network administrator is on holiday, the main server fails, but
everything should continue to just work.
* Is there a roadmap to update do cfengine3?
* Is there any integration with school administration, so that administrative
changes are automatically reflected in LDAP (addition of pupils, classes,
leaving of pupils, assignements of pupils to classes)
* Is there a calendaring solution used with Debian-Edu? Kolab, Horde?
* Are there any schools that also have mailing lists for parents?
* Are there any schools actively using encrypted mails?
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro