Re: Status Gosa-Netgroups / Skolelinux presentation in Kiel

Hi Alejandro,

On Di 05 Apr 2011 12:43:47 CEST Alejandro wrote:

I'm looking in this doc:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Netgroups
My idea is to make a plugin based in the groups plugin, you can add a user,
a machine or another netgroup.
I'll need more time to see the workstation/server stuff to make a decision.

Now I need to think in how to manage the machine/domain stuff because in the
ldif example (
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config/ldap-bootstrap/netgroup.ldif)
don't find any domain.

More later

I think we (that is the GOsa netgroup team ;-) and Debian Edu) should be compliant to:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2307

Unfortunately, the RFC says something about the nisnetgrouptriple:

"""
The following syntax definitions [RFC2252] are used by this schema.
   The nisNetgroupTripleSyntax represents NIS netgroup triples:

           ( nisSchema.0.0 NAME 'nisNetgroupTripleSyntax'
             DESC 'NIS netgroup triple' )

   Values in this syntax are represented by the following:

        nisnetgrouptriple = "(" hostname "," username "," domainname ")"
        hostname          = "" / "-" / keystring
        username          = "" / "-" / keystring
        domainname        = "" / "-" / keystring
"""

But it does not specify what ,,hostname'' means... (Maybe the term ,,hostname'' is pinned by an unequivocal definition somewhere else...)

The way it is handled (AFAIK) is:

  o FQDN = hostname.domainname

However, I have seen cases (that is: software implementations, libnss etc.) where you need a definition of FQDN = hostname.

That is: in Debian Edu the hostname is lacking in the netgroup LDAP entries. The default Skolelinux domain is ,,intern''.

The GOsa plugin should be so generic that it serves many use cases not only Debian Edu.

Curious about everything else you come up with!!!
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: