Re: Contact - Education project at Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thank you very much for your time and answers.

I'll try to get in touch with Margarita.

El 17 de marzo de 2011 12:37, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> escribió:
Hola Esteban,

thank you for contacting us! (And sorry for the late reply.)

On Donnerstag, 10. März 2011, Esteban Ripani wrote:
> In the Ministry of Education of the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina,
> we are interested
> in using Debian as the operative system in the equipment that we are going
> to  distribute to our students, it is for this reason that we are
> interested in contacting you.

Neat! Very very neat!

> We understand that this is the right group to contact, please we would like
> to confirm this information.

Yes, this mailinglist and group is the right one, we are developing Debian
Edu / Skolelinux here. Feel free to post any questions you have to this list,
we will try to answer them and help you.

But, depending on your needs, this list might not be the help/contact you are
looking for. We are volunteers working together on the list, helping us if we
can and generally working together on the next Debian Edu release.

So I've copied this mail to two other Debian developers: Margarita Manterola,
who is located in Buenes Aires and who can probably work with you much more
directly (and/or point you to other Debian developers in Argentina) and
José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez, who is involved in the deployment of 200000
computers running Debian Edu in Extremadura in Spain, see
http://www.linex.org/

Whatever you'll do, I'm very curious to hear about your progress and
developments. I'd love to see you using Debian (Edu) in future!

Saludos cordiales & cheers,
       Holger