Re: /etc/init.d/update-hostname and Networkmanager.

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 05:20:47PM +0100, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> in /etc/init.d/update-hostname we try to set the hostname for the
> workstations .... from DNS Server.
>
> This can not work because Networkmanager is not started.

Strange, it works nicely here (latest DVD installation). The
workstation get's the hostname entered in GOsa at tjener (don't forget
ldap2bind after adding the machine). However, NetworkManager is doing
the job, I could not find a trace of the init script in the logs.

What fails here is PXE installations (installer freezes).

There are still some errors reported after installation from DVD,
however, I am not sure if they are all to be taken seriously: After
logging in only about 3 errors remain when running
/usr/sbin/debian-edu-test-install on the workstation/ltspserver.
Perhaps most of the errors after first boot are related to not as
early working network with NetworkManager as without?

Remaining errors tjener/terminal-server:
	  error: ./ldap-client: TLS search for cn=admins failed.
	  => not yet investigated

	  error: ./nagios: Nagios count NUMSVCUNKN is not zero but 1.
       	  => unclear to me, the script (iirc in sitesummary) that
       	  reports the error doesn't report any error when called alone(?!)

Remaining errors workstation/terminal-server:
	  error: ./ldap-client: TLS search for cn=admins failed.
	  error: ./ltsp: /etc/iceweasel/profile/cert_override.txt differ inside
	  and outside LTSP
	  error: ./webserver: Missing /etc/iceweasel/profile/cert_override.txt.
	  => none of the above investigated yet

Best regards,

     Andi