Re: Gosa vs. CipUX

[Klaus Knopper]
> OK. I finally understand, partly. So, every project that wants to be
> integrated into Skolelinux, needs to migrate or duplicate its
> sources to the "Skole-SVN".

Nope, that is a misunderstanding.  Only the code needed in the
debian-edu-config package to integrate with the packages in Debian
need to go into the Skolelinux SVN.

To get an idea what the gosa integration stuff in the Skolelinux SVN
is, look at the files in the ldap-* directories in the
debian-edu-config package in svn,
svn://svn.debian.org/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config .

If the packages in question are missing in Debian, a different
approach will be needed, but in general we want to avoid having
non-Debian packages in Skolelinux.

In general what is needed to integrate a new feature / system into
Skolelinux is a person with time and interest in doing the work as
part of the Skolelinux development team to get the feature integrated
into the out of box configuration, and packages in Debian implementing
the feature.  For gosa we have/had Andreas.  For the other options we
have so far had none.

Happy hacking,