Re: Gosa vs. CipUX

Hi Petter,

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 10:40:38AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Klaus Knopper]
> > OK. I finally understand, partly. So, every project that wants to be
> > integrated into Skolelinux, needs to migrate or duplicate its
> > sources to the "Skole-SVN".
>
> Nope, that is a misunderstanding.  Only the code needed in the
> debian-edu-config package to integrate with the packages in Debian
> need to go into the Skolelinux SVN.

Well, it was the second time that someone answered my question in a way
that sounded like the main requirement was to use the Skole-SVN for
packages in order to get something integrated. It convinced me,
somewhat. ;-)

> To get an idea what the gosa integration stuff in the Skolelinux SVN
> is, look at the files in the ldap-* directories in the
> debian-edu-config package in svn,
> svn://svn.debian.org/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config .

I have seen this before.

> If the packages in question are missing in Debian, a different
> approach will be needed, but in general we want to avoid having
> non-Debian packages in Skolelinux.

Understandable.

> In general what is needed to integrate a new feature / system into
> Skolelinux is a person with time and interest in doing the work as
> part of the Skolelinux development team to get the feature integrated
> into the out of box configuration, and packages in Debian implementing
> the feature.  For gosa we have/had Andreas.  For the other options we
> have so far had none.

Ok, here I am, at least for LINBO and italc-rlp. What do I need to do
now?

Regards
-Klaus