Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:07:48PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:02:26PM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:
so the conclusion is the same simple one as stated much earlier in this thread: so far nobody has shown up who is willing (and able) to do the integration work (and the maintenance) to get CipUX into Skolelinux.

It's not that CipUX is not wanted, but without manpower to get the work done there is simply no chance.
[snip]
Good summary. I think we got now to the core of the problem, just no
solution yet.

Well, I'll continue to search for packagers, and meanwhile we will continue to maintain our own repository which may not be compliant, but legitimate. ;-)

Phillip did *not* mention packaging, but integration with Skolelinux and ongoing maintainance of that integration.

In other words, it is a Skolelinux-specific task, not a general Debian task.

Even if you consider CATweasel a crucial and mandatory part of your CipUX stack, the parts _below_ CATweasel, the ones in the CipUX project, needs to be integrated first - as was pointed out by others in this thread.

So yes, CATweasel is not in Debian, so needs packaging, but no, CipUX itself has a packaging team already (me and Xavier, currently).

Regards,

 - Jonas