Re: CipUX as LDAP frontend

Hi,

On 28.04.2010 09:40, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Could you please elaborate a bit on this harsh complaint?
>
> Perhaps related to the fact that Skolelinux-RP uses unstable code?

maybe, but I don't think that's the point.

The whole structure behind CipUX is way too complex, and IMO there's way
too much overhead.
I'm not that far into the code, but colleagues have taken a look at it
and didn't have anything good to say about it.

Furthermore we have seen with LWAT what can happen if there is only one
main developer.

GOsa² on the other hand has a broad community with a set of developers
and is used by many large scale setups I know. It performs well, looks
well, is good to use and good to administrate (at least that's what my
colleagues who use it tell me).

If I only say 'cipux', my colleagues will run out of my office - screaming!

@Jonas: I definitely do not want to dishonor your work on packaging
CipUX. I think you're doing a great job, but that doesn't change my
opinion about the software itself.

Regards,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F