Re: rosegarden

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:11:13PM +0100, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
Hi Nigel

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 schrieben Sie:
The teacher was very vague. He asked "where kids can choose various
instruments and play with the sounds, or anything like that?". He
teaches grade 4 and 5. That means age 10 and 11. I imagine he has
 seen Garage Band on Mac, or similar.
If you have any ideas I would love to hear them

Okay, fist thing I recall is those musical activities (tomtom?) for the
XO laptop. They should be available via sugar?

Those Sugar activities are not yet packaged for Debian. If noone steps up to package them _very_ _soon_ then they won't be part of the upcoming Squeeze release of Debian.

If you are talking about using some other distribution (i.e. Sugar on a Stick) for this purpose, then sure - everything is possible (given enough man hours for sysadmin tasks at the school!).

 - Jonas