Re: rosegarden

2010/1/25 RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de>:

> Is there a special project - then I may ask: what tasks?
> Then, those alternatives might be worth a look:
> - Score editing? -> mscore, frescobaldi
> - Sequencing -> lmms, muse

The teacher was very vague. He asked "where kids can choose various
instruments and play with the sounds, or anything like that?". He
teaches grade 4 and 5. That means age 10 and 11. I imagine he has seen
Garage Band on Mac, or similar.
If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. So far I have
suggested to make a drum track in hydrogen, and then try to create
some sounds in audacity to make "electronic music". However Audacity
can't find an output device on the netbooks I set up last week. Bummer
- I'll have to fix that somehow (After I've written my semester
reports :(  Or perhaps I'll get lucky and  get diskless working in my
lab.

so much to do..
nigel