apt problems with Squid in Lenny (If-Modified-Since handling causes "Hash Sum mismatch")

Often then I do a PXE installation using the Squid proxy on the main
server, the installation fail with messages about "Hash Sum mismatch"
from apt.  I search a bit around, and discovered that this might be
caused by a bug in the handling of If-Modified-Since in Squid, see

This will generate a lot of support requrest and make the PXE
installation via Squid unreliable and perhaps even useless.

Anyone else see errors from the installer during PXE installs?

My last PXE install failed during LTSP generation, making it possible
for me to verify that the fix for #1412 work. :)

Happy hacking,