Re: Which video editor should we install by default?

On 15 December 2010 15:40, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> But which ones should we drop?  We do not need nor have space on the
> DVD for 5 video editors (kino, kdenlive, openmovieeditor, pitivi and
> openshots).

You won't be happy to hear that we use avidemux here, then :) We use
it with primary school students, for simple editing.
We also use openmovieeditor with older students, but I also use
cinerella sometimes. IMHO you should just choose a good all-rounder
and forget the rest, which are just an aptitude away anyway for most
of us. My vote would be for simple to teach and learn, not crashing
much, and supporting a variety of input formats. Someone who has used
them all should decide.

cheers
nigel