Re: Some notes on LTSP client boot speed

On Donnerstag, 19. August 2010, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I am sure we fix whatever we believe is most important to fix at the
> moment, and I work on this and other things and you work on what you
> believe is most important to have fixed.

I dont think this will lead to a good result (=release) in good time. (If
everybody just works on what she/he thinks is useful...)

Rather we should coordinate and follow an agreed plan.

> Slow booting LTSP clients is a critical issue for Debian Edu/Squeeze,
> as it cause schools to not upgrade to the new version when it is
> released.

I dont think the numbers you posted are slow, esp. not if compared with real
world windows installations.

> There are heaps of critical issues to work on, so there is
> enough work for everyone.

If "everything" is considered criticial and thus being fixed, we loose track
of the "really" critical things.

Also, a too high flow of changes prevents meaningful testing.