Re: LDAP GUI roadmap proposal

Hi,

something to be considered:

I believe gosa and cipux to be incompatible. Both bring their own ldap
schemes, and I know that CipUX breaks LWAT (at least partially).

For these reasons I think we have to decide on either one, and that
offering Gosa to the admins and a CipUX Frontend to the teachers will
hardly be possible.

On the other hand, as far as I've heard/read/seen, GOsa and CipUX can be
configured on a per-user basis which modules to display. I think it
would be the best thing to decide on either tool soon, and than work on
getting that fully implemented.

Neither one seems to be perfect (yet?), but with limited manpower we
should focus on one tool, not several.

Regards,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F