Re: Time for a alpha0 release of squeeze-test images?

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I believe we need a lot of time after the first alpha to get
> feedback and try to use that feedback to fix discovered issues
> before squeeze freezes.  So I would have the first alpha release
> earlier, perferably in a week, to give us several weeks to fix
> issues discovered.
>
> Should we aim for a alpha release next weekend (July 16-18th)?

I'm planning to make a alpha0 release in a few days.  The plan to
release last weekend fell apart because a new version of
debian-installer entered testing on Saturday, and it caused some
problems that had to be fixed first.  One of them are still present,
LTSP fail to install because /cdrom moved to /media/cdrom.  A fix is
uploaded to unstable with high priority, and should enter testing as
soon as it is built on all arches.  I've uploaded the same version to
squeeze-test to get a fixed package into the DVD, but not sure where
it went.  Hope the ftpmasters fint time to process it quickly, and if
not, the packages in Debian should show up soon

I've written draft release notes on
with more text.  Which new versions of programs and applications
should be mentioned?  I've added a few, but there should probably be
more.

Are there new features that should be mentioned?  Please add them to
the wiki.

> Related wiki pages are
> and <URL: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/NewLDAPStructure > for the
> LDAP structure.