Re: access the cleartext root password during installation

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> I believe debian-installer now supports *not* setting a root password,
> to support sudo style root access: noone is allowed to login as root
> directly, only indirectly as a user in the sudoers (or whatever) group.

If I am not mistaken, it do not provide the setup we need.  It allow
one to create a local user and not set the root password _or_ no local
user and require to set the root password.

We do not want the initial local user, and some times might not want
the root password, a combination that is not handled by d-i at the
moment.

If you wonder how Debian Edu work, I recommend to test the install CDs
or DVDs in a virtual machine.  Your comments made me believe you have
not tested Debian Edu for a while now. :)

Happy hacking,