Re: access the cleartext root password during installation
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: access the cleartext root password during installation
- From: Finn-Arne Johansen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:37:56 +0200
- Message-id: <4BF243D4.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20100515154342.GA11049@flashgordon>
- References: <20100515154342.GA11049@flashgordon>
On 05/15/2010 05:43 PM, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> So my question is: Can I, by any means, access the root password
> entered at the beginning of the installation at a later stage of the
> installation process in clear text?
> Alternative ideas or solutions are of course welcome.
Is it possible to create an udeb (or use debian-edu-*udeb) to ask for
the main password, store it in cleartext, preseed the root password,
then remove the cleartext password at the end of the installation.
So long since I've hacked and preseeded udeb's :(