Re: Kerberos for Debian Edu/Squeeze?

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 09:52:49PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > Posted here with his approval.  Anyone with opinions on which
> > Kerberos implementation we should use?
>
> I just commited
> debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/kerberos-kdc-init,
> which is a draft script to set up a Kerberos server.  It is not yet
> non-interactive, and it do not set up LDAP as its database for
> principals.
>
> Not sure which Kerberos implementation we should use.  Reading
> suspect Heimdal Kerberos might be a better choice than MIT Kerberos,
> as it has had support for storing principals in LDAP for a long time.
> There is also Shishi, which I know very little about.

Hi,

we should also keep in mind how we want to put the principals into
LDAP. I tried to figure that out for gosa, which contains a
mit-kerberos plugin:

https://oss.gonicus.de/pipermail/gosa/2010-April/004516.html

Anyway, perhaps it's also possible to run a script which converts
ldap's informations and feeds it into any Kerberos we want...

Regards,

	Andi